Export Image

Hi,

I'm having trouble exporting images rendered using QD3D. I'm on Mac in VW8.5.2. When I export image to psd, Pict, Tiff or Jpg I get a blank white image. Text labels seem to export fine, but none of my rendered Image appears. The only work around I've tried are making screen grabs (which are ugly because the guides and lights show up) or rendering to QT image, which looks better on the screen, but won't import into Photoshop. Any ideas?

Margo

I just tried exporting a simple 3D scene from Spotlight 8.5.2 as a QD3D pict, and it worked just fine. Is it possible that you are opening the pict file in a small window, and not seeing the rest of it?-I only ask this because I have done that very thing, more than once.

If you have RenderWorks installed, you can use the Render Preview tool to render an area of your model. The resulting bitmap (at whatever resolution you tell the tool to use-default is 72dpi) can be copied and pasted into Photoshop. Large images (or high resolution ones) can be fairly easily composited.

If you don't have RW, then ignore this trick completely.

You should also be able to hide the lights in a QuickDraw render by adjusting your preferences to show light objects Only In Wireframe, if that helps your screen capture trick to work better.

Also-you got plenty-o-RAM in your box?

HTH

G4/400/1.12G/9.0.4/Spotlight 8.5.2