Wall Tags

Hi -

We are producing a DD set of drawings, and I want to draw Wall Tags on floor plan sheets. We would like for them to be a diamond shape with a leader line that touches the face of the wall, with at dot at the end. I really like the way the Detail Bubble tool works to accomplish the look we are after, but I don't want it to automatically associate with some particular 'record format'.

In other words, I would like to be able to place the Detail Bubble (wall tag), then be able to edit the number in the Object Info pallette. I want to be able to enter ANY text (not just numbers) and have that text appear in the bubble. For example the text inside of the bubble might be "1B".

Am I asking for something that isn't possible with the Detail Bubble tool? If so, do you have any other suggestions?

thanks -

Hi Doug

You could ungroup one of the Detail Bubble tool instances and create a symbol of it.

Create a new recordformat, and link text to record inside the symbol.

Then you have a custom symbol with text inside that is editable in the data tab of the info palette

good luck

hoa