3D object coordinates, how to locate on plain??

If you have snap to objects on, when the cursor is snapped to a 3D point the coordinates appear at the top of your screen. Or, you could put a 3D locus at the desired vertex and read off the coordinates in the info palette. With the second method, you can choose whether to see coordinates in X,Y,Z or I,J,K system.

[This message has been edited by P Retondo (edited 07-02-2001).]

This sounds like a problem I had a while back that I solved with a script tool. You select the 3D object you want to move, along with a 3D point, and you type in the x, y, and z coordinates you want to go *to* in a dialog. The 3D point serves to give VW coordinates to reference from.

BTW, if you work in 3D much at all, you really do need a tool like this; just moving via relative position isn't enough.

I would be willing to give it to you if Nemetschek doesn't think there's anything wrong with the approach I took with this; I created it out of desperation. If anyone from Nemetschek reads this, would you be willing to look at the script if I sent it to you to evaluate?

Michael B. Moore

Owens Cross Roads AL