When I use the create roof command, the roof in 3D appears well above the top of the walls. For example, if in Model Setup, I create a one story building without a basement, select "Use zero for the ground floor", select Default wall height as "Floor to floor", Mod-Floor 0 Elevation shows as 0", set Mod-Floor 0 Ceiling height at 8'-0", and Mod-Roof Elevation at 8"0", then when viewed in 3D the roof is floating about 8'-0" above the top of the wall. If I go back to Model Setup and set the Mod-Roof Elevation at 0", then the 3D view shows the roof floating about 8'-0" above a wall that has no height. Help. Thanks.

I would have replied sooner to thank all of you for the help, but I have been away from my computer. After reviewing all three suggestions, I changed my layer settings and the roof settled onto its rightful place on the walls. All now okay. Slowly the light is beginning to shin on my understanding of how 3D works in VectorWorks. Thanks for all of your help. Edward