Lighting Instrument Information Editing

When I pull lighting symbols from stock, there is no information for most of the fields, (i.e. wattage, instrument type, etc) How can I edit one symbol so that each subsequent time I use that symbol in my plot, all of those fields come filled in? Thanks.

Sorry - that didn't really answer your question, did it.

Right click the instrument you want to edit in the Resource Browser. > Edit

Select 2D component.

Deselect everything. (ie use the 2D selection tool and click on empty space).

In the OIP select the Data Tab.

There are 3 boxes. Select the field you want to edit in the second box ie, "Wattage"

Enter the value in the 3rd Box.

Click Exit Symbol in the top right of the screen when finished.

That will change default values in the instrument record for that drawing.

But that data should already be there - so you may have a different problem.

hth

michaelk

hi guys;

actually, depending on the manufacturer, not all of that information may be included in the symbols provided with spotlight. for that matter, not every data pane is filled in on every SoftSymbol either. Sometimes it's not easy to coax basic information out about fixtures from manufacturers, and the cut sheets are byzantine.

fwiw, you can edit the symbol data in either the 2d or 3d component of a hybrid symbol. once you click in the data fields of the OIP for any symbol, you can tab through them to quickly fill in data.

and what michael says; make sure you have deselected everything in the edit symbol window before typing in data. and i always deselect again before exiting the edit symbol window.

hth,

shelley