Dimensioning problems

Our office has been getting some problems using the dimensioning tools in VW2009. These include:

- When dimensioning the angle between two lines, the text does not show up (whether in rotated plan or not)

- When dimensioning constrained lines in the rotated plan view, the vertical text seems to flip back and forth from showing to the right or left (it doesn't seem to matter if the flip text is on or not)

- When dimensioning in the rotated plan, if you box the text, the box is located elsewhere)

- When dimensioning the radius in rotated plan, you cannot adjust the orientation of the text (like you can with notes and plant tags).

Anyone else having problems with this?

Also, offset tool does not seem to work with some polygons.

Marietta, please file a bug with a document showing these issues. I cannot reproduce them here.

You can also attach a file here in the forum, if you prefer. I got curious and would like to see these issues that you describe.

- When dimensioning the angle between two lines, the text does not show up (whether in rotated plan or not)

I assume that you checked already the active document's text size, that is not zeroed for some reason.

Orso

Thank you Marietta:

The dimension standard "dala mm" is set to display "Secondary only" but the singular dimension objects on drawing display "none". So you see nothing.

Click on "Show dim value" in the dimensions on drawing and you can set the tolerance. Change "none" to any other value. Or perhaps change the setting of the dimension "dala mm" to display "both".

It is actually really insidious- bug/or working as designed. I cannot decide:

upon creation of an angular dimension whose standard is set to display "Secondary only"

* the parameter "Show dim value" should be automatically disabled and

* the value of the parameter "tol" should be NOT "none"

- When dimensioning in the rotated plan, if you box the text, the box is located elsewhere)

I don't see this. Mind that you have a huge shift of the origin there. I wouldn't exclude that this interfere with rectangles under circumstances.

- When dimensioning constrained lines in the rotated plan view, the vertical text seems to flip back and forth from showing to the right or left (it doesn't seem to matter if the flip text is on or not)

- When dimensioning the radius in rotated plan, you cannot adjust the orientation of the text (like you can with notes and plant tags).

This is again the dim standard "dala mm": you have there set "Text rotation" = "Aligned" and "align vertical text left". Play with these settings. It doesn't matter if the plan is rotated or not.

Also, offset tool does not seem to work with some polygons.

There are few circumstances where this still fails. Send these as bug report whenever you find them. You help us all thus!

ciao Marietta,

Orso