"Rate bad user" proposal

I have seen on another forum they have something similar.

username

journeyman

smite/applaud

2 / 100

You could click on smite or applaud, which has counters, so the next refresh will show the change. You could make it Forum related or just be good/bad

on the other hand.

This is not a forum for chatting, but an information base and no question is a dum question.

Why would you want to give someone a negative rating Orso?

Why would you want to give someone a negative rating Orso?
It might open the mind to the quality of our own posting. None of us excluded.

How many times did you think, come on, this was really bad, and once again bad, and over and over and never ending bad, and will the guy finally recognize how ridiculous he's making himself...

For these few cases.

orso

What would be handy is a system where people can rate individual posts and choose to collapse/hide posts of a certain rating. I'm not sure this forum software has that capability though.

I don't think user ratings?negative or positive?actually tell you anything useful. I have a low star rating, for instance, because some people are delicate flowers and don't like hearing robust criticism of their religious choice in CAD software.

I have a low star rating, for instance, because some people are delicate flowers and don't like hearing robust criticism of their religious choice in CAD software.
I'm the same way. I've got a zero rating, but it's only because of issues people have with their mothers, due to severe toilet-training they received as children.

Ha!!

Jan...reminds me of an employee of mine years ago who commented that his mother told him he was potty trained with M&M's as reward for proper execution of the task at hand. As soon as he finished his task of proacitve displacement he was rewarded with either a single or double M&M depending on his ability to deposit said function correctly. There was always two M&M's positioned on the tank of the water closet and to his mothers suprise he would partake of his reward with each occurance taking what was his due and leaving any spare for the next chance meeting.

From that day forward he had a dish filled with M&M's on his desk as a reward for a job well done which he would only take a small handfull on his way out the door at the end of a good days work.

pa

this morning i had 5 stars, now i have 3. i must have upset somebody....

I don't bother with ratings.

But it dropped right after you mentioned advertizing your manuals...you had five when I read the post.

And Cristiaan is down to two stars now.

Fortunately, I have kept my perfect rating.

Edited by brudgers

This is why the star rating does not work....

It might change ten times whilst you are not viewing the forum.

The one forum called the method I suggested Karma...If it is equal your Karma is ballanced even if it is 524/524. at least everyone knows what your "rating" is

Star Wars. Start of the Clone(user)Wars?? Why fight?(as in whats the point?)

Edited by cad@sggsa
What would be handy is a system where people can rate individual posts

I second this....the usefulness of rating posts is more important! It would be great if you could search through posts according to rating, for most people it takes too much time to read through all posts and pick up the useful tips and suggestions.