Memory Hog

On my PC with 256K of RAM, if I have 3 or 4 one meg. drawings open, my available memory drops to 5-10% available and subsequently crashes!! I start out with 90% RAM available and it drops fast! What gives? I'm unhappy with the VW9 product and am paranoid using it for my engineering practice. By the way - where in tarnation is the metafile export that is suppose to be on the dropdown menu? I need metafiles to import into another engineering program. this nonsense is beyond belief.

Brucey baby - give me a break - I said on my PC - so I guess that means windows - and I also mentioned where's the metafile export tab on the dropdown menu - to me that means the file, export dropdown menu. This is not CAD 101 we're dealing with here - I've got mucho dinero tied up in engineering projects and mucho caliente clients waiting for these drawings with your bogus program screwing things up royally !! Wuff !!

Seismiczoney baby - give us a break - we never know if we are dealing with a novice or expert or something else (Wuff ????)

If you need meta files you can always select everything you want, copy it (a meta file is placed on the clipboard) and paste it into another application.

------------------

Robert McBride

Software Engineer

Nemetschek N.A. Inc

mcbride@nemetschek.net

[This message has been edited by McBrideNNA (edited 06-26-2001).]

If the export metafile is not in your Windows workspace, you can add it with the workspace editor. It's in my workspace (VW900 vanilla Windows), but I haven't checked VWArchitect or the other flavors.

quote:

Originally posted by seismiczone:

On my PC with 256K of RAM, if I have 3 or 4 one meg. drawings open, my available memory drops to 5-10% available and subsequently crashes!! I start out with 90% RAM available and it drops fast! What gives?

It sounds like you have undo set to a high number. Every time you make an undoable change, you use memory. You might try reducing the number of undos in your preferences so that the memory is freed sooner.

Regardless, it shouldn't crash, and if you can get reproducible steps to make it crash you should send the steps and any test file to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net