3D Poly or NURBS Extrude Problem

I have a model I am trying to create of a streetscape. I've drawn the footprints of the building and road lines in 2D polylines, converted them to 3D polys and then attempted to extrude them. The extrude command will not recognize any of the 3d polys. Then I tried converting to NURBs instead. The extrude command will recognize the NURBS, but once it is highlighted, I cannot enter a height for the NURBS. Any thoughts?

I think what I was trying to do was to use the protrusion and cutout tool to pull the 3d polys, but that was what was giving me trouble. I tried the extrude method, and have been able to get it to work that way. Is there a way to convert an extruded 2d poly into something that can be edited by the protrusion and cutout tool?

Good day All

I have a similar problem

I have text which has been redrawn as a vector with nodes.

When imported they are Polylines.

I wish to extrude them but seems they do not what to do it correctly.

Please see attached.

As soon as the 2d polygons get the extrution command some of the "lettering" change to blocks....and simply extruding or converting to 3d polys makes half of it dissapear.

What else could I try?

Thank you in advance