Page breaks pre-sets don't seem to match HP DesignJet ISO A3 & A1

Hi All

I have set up a number of sheets and selected ISO A1=594 x 841mm or A3=297 x 420mm in the page set-up but I keep getting a series of boxes defined by my page breaks resulting in cropping and a number of sheets being printed containing elements of the whole image.

When you view the page you have a solid black boarder line defining the page then an internal grey broken line defining the print area but I seem to get a main box with a single broken outline plus a small box on the bottom and on the right hand side in landscape view. It seems the print pre-sets for ISO are wrong in VectorWorks Designer 2009 as I didn't have this problem before using VWA 12.5

PS how do I place and image here to view?

Mac OSX 10.5.6

Macbook Pro 17"

In Page Setup > Printer Setup choose the page size for the sheet layer.

Then in Page Setup, under "Pages" enter 1 for both Vertical and Horizontal.

I think that is a legacy from the old days when it was common to print a large document on many smaller pieces of paper...

hth

michaelk

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Carl,

To post images, you must use the "New Reply" (not Quick Reply) - once you select New Reply, at the bottom to the left, you'll see "File Manager" (mine shows up in blue), click there and you'll be able to browse and add files, images, etc.

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner

This is probably due the printer you have selected and paper size. Most printers have minimum margins that makes the printable area less than the actual paper size. It you manually tell VW to use 11x17 paper, it will give you a drawing area of 11x17. When this is sent to the printer driver that thinks the printer has a printable area of 10.6 x 16.54 inches, it tiles it to 4 sheets.

Rather than manually selecting the paper size in the Page Setup:Printer Setup dialog and setting the Size in the Page Setup dialog box to One Printer Page. Don't use the Choose size unavailable in the printer setup box unless you are sure are picking a size that you can later print edge to edge on the desired printer.