BHunter

Importing Textures

How do I import some textures (DuPont Corian)from skp into VW?

Please include your version of Vectorworks and computer specs including OS in your signature.

Good day Bob

Not knowing what DuPont Corian or skp is, but.

Save texture to PC. Double click on Resource Browser. Create Resource window pops up. Select Renderworks Texture->Create.

Edit Texture Box:

Give it a name, under shaders -> Color select Image color and Import an Image file -> choose the file you saved.

Set all other options as you wish.

This texture will now appear in the Resource Browser under Textures.

I believe that skp refers to Sketchup files. I think that Bob is hoping to bring materials into VW from Sketchup.

I'm pretty sure you can't do that, Bob.

I'd love to be able to bring models in from Sketchup, INCLUDING all materials. Exporting to Sketchup with materials would be nice too.

I think that your best bet would be to grab an image of the color you want from the corian site

http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces_Commercial/en_US/products/corian/corian_colors.html

and then create a new renderworks texture using that image with reflectivity set to "plastic."

I did this quickly in the attached image, using their Bronze Patina color.

Sketchup materials can be extracted by changing the file extension from .skm to .zip and unzipping. The texture is located in the "ref" folder.

Also, Sketchup exports to "Collada" files, with the .DAE exchange. They appear to be similar to 3Ds files, in that they include alongside the file a folder (with the file name) containing all of the texture images used in the model.