Editing Colour Palettes

Kadayi

Question

It would be nice if under Document preferences you restored the edit Colour palettes option (as in 12.5) which seems to have been removed in VW 2009.

I'm finding that there are a whole range of lovely colour features many people in my office aren't using simply because they aren't aware of them. Don't hide the new colour features under a bushell.

I would also add it would really quite useful if when viewing the colours in list view, there was a way to directly edit the name (or lack of) without having to go into the colour palette manager every time as well.

Likewise the ability to import/export custom colour palettes directly from the colour palette manager and as xml files would be great as well (rather than having to hunt them down in the folder jungle that is user preferences).

2 answers to this question

Guest Frank Brault

In 2009 you edit color palettes in the color palette manager, accessed by clicking on the color chip in the Attributes palette and then clicking on the pencil and wrench icon in the upper right of the swatch list pane that is displayed.

You can create your own named colors and palettes here as well.

hth,

I know, however it would be extremely handy (especially for training purposes) if the option to access the color palette was also still available in the menu as it was in Vectorworks 12.5.

I'm in a busy office and I don't have the time to explain to someone half way around the world what the 'chip' is. I know what it is, you know what it is, but cad monkey no 720 in Budapest or Lagoon West doesn't necessarily know what it is (there is no accounting for the ineptness of people), but if the color palette manager is also accessible via a menu dialog it's a hell of a lot easier for me to get people familiar with it.