Sign in to follow this  
kgroob

Wire frame showing in rendered drawing

For some reason, when I use final quality renderworks on this drawing, the (plug-in) door shows up rendered + with lines in wireframe. How do I get rid of the wireframe?

Selecting it only results in the little cubes at the edges of the object showing. That does not affect the lines showing up.

File>Preferences>VectorWorks Prefrences>Display>Display 3D Loci

Change setting to "Only in wireframe"

Think that is what needs to be done

In my preferences (Vectorworks 11.5.1), the only option where you can choose "only in wireframe" is for showing light objects. Also, the lines are not the loci; the loci are just the little boxes on the extents of the object.

I ended up turning the door into a group rather than a plug-in object, and that solved the problem for now. It's just a pain because I can't edit the object as you would edit the door plug-in. But is this a bug? Lines should not be showing up when the drawing is rendered. Anyone else have any ideas?

Do not know if it would do the trick, but if it is a Plug in, maybe create a new Symbol and then you should still be able to edit it.

I don't have the original file showing the lines anymore...I turned the plugin into a group.