Symbol for 20.5" box truss??

Hi there. Does anyone have or know how to create a symbol for 20.5"x20.5"x10' self climbing truss, top view? I figured out how to make the side view, but I need the top view, and the symbol for the self climbing rig that goes in the corners where corner blocks normally go.

Thanks!

This is something that sometimes varies from fabricator to fabricator. Because it sounds like you want to be accurate with this I would contact the manufacturer about getting a drawing. Or if you know the dimensions draw it yourself. I think the truss tool, which I am guessing you are using is not something you really want to use for this.

If you are just looking for a top view of a 10' truss you can rotate the truss from the truss tool in 3d and use that.

This is probably something also best placed in the spotlight forum, but either way.

Hopefully that helps.

Matt

Edited by MattG

I am attaching a super simple example. Just made a 10' section of 20x and adjusted the hanging angle from 0 to 90. If you are using the self climbing towers you know the climbing sleeve will be a alternate size and you should get that information.

Hopefully this helps.

Matt

I can't seem to open the file with the extension .vwx. I know that it is a Vectorworks file, but my VW is not recognizing it for some reason. I tried changing it to .mcd, but that still didn't work. Any thought.

I appreciate all your help on this :)

What that drawing is of a self climbing tower, but the towers are not actually 20x they are 12x12. The sleeve block is basically a 20x corner block with little wheel like things in it where a motor pulls it up.

The drawing you sent is all 2d.

I have a basic 3d version of the system but it is over 5 mb and I cannot post it. If you want me to send it to you shoot me an e-mail. mgohring@upstaging.com

Matt