point to point copy in 2008?

I have searched through the forum and haven't found an answer so a new topic.

Seems I am way behind the times. I have been finishing out a project in 12.5 and am just starting to work in 2008. Many nice things . . . but

While in 12.5 I had plug-ins for point to point move and point to point copy now I have one tool that does both. It is nice that VW includes such a tool but for me the usefulness is really limited because it is in one tool.

Are there plug-ins for these in 2008? Or a way to separate out the two parts of the tool?

I'm surprised you find the included tool so difficult to get used to. Have you tried using the I key shortcut to open up the Preferences dialog so you can switch modes.

If you can't get used to it then:

- The plug-ins you used in Vw 12.5 may work in Vw 2008 as well. Add them to your User folder and then try adding them to your Workspace.

- Have a look at the Vector Move tool from Vectorbits. http://www.vectorbits.com/VectorBits/vectorbits/vectorbits.html

I take back that doh.

The option with point to point move only lets me make one copy. Sometime it is handy to make lots. Still nice to know about but not as functional as true point to point copy.

And I have to say, point to point copy is such a basic tool that it baffles me that VW still doesn't have it.

Off to reinstall my plug-ins . . .

eas, it will do multiples if you enter the number of duplicates you require in the tool settings dialog box.

Bill, as you say it doesn't work in Vw 2008 SP3. The Vector Move tool from Vectorbits is an excellent alternative though, and it has a few more tricks in its kit.