Textures not Mapping correctly

I have an occasional issue when I attempt to apply a texture to an object. When I apply a texture it sometimes only maps to the edge of the object instead of onto the main surface (or all sides), and I can't seem to find the fix. I'm sure it's a setting that I'm overlooking somewhere.

Attached is a screenshot which shows this issue. The object is a wall with VW's Wood Panel texture applied

How are you applying the texture? Are you dragging it in or using the Render pane of the Object Info Pallette?

In the Render pane, you can choose what part of an object you want to texture and apply different textures to each face and each edge.

If you drag the texture to the wrong face, it will be imported into the current file and then you can use the Render Pane to apply it to the part you need.

• Like 1

I didn't know I could drag textures onto an object, or that I could apply different textures to the same object (is that new to '09?).

I've always used the Render Pane. I see the Part drop-down list, but every option leaves we with the same result. I would think the Overall option would do as it describes.