Associate Dimensions

Guest BillV

Guest BillV

I have used the associate dimension in relation to a square or rectangular object and the dimension changes when the object size is changed.

This does not appear to work with a circle or extruded object. Can anyone offer any comments re this?

Associate dimension will not work on a 3D object because VW doesn't have 3D dimensions....yet!

The dimension tool is only 2D, a really problem when dimensioning 3D objects in viewports on sheetlayers as I end up having to 'over-draw' the 3D objects such as circles and radii with 2D objects in order to create the dimension. Of course if the design changes then this process has to be repeated.

I'm sure it will be in 2010...from a machine design point of view it is essential.

i only hope you're right Gary on this one. Machine Design i crying out for 3D Dims. Along with a few hundred other essential can't do without necessities.

Maybe we'll get 3D Dimensioning in an SP4 update and fully operational Fillets and Chamfers in the 2010 release.

Yeah i know, but if you don't ask you don't get. :)