Application Frame on Mac

Malte Koeditz

Question

I think it would make a big improvement for the interface if there was an application frame like for the windows interface. Docking the pallettes would avoid the irritation (atleast on my part) of trying to look round at what I am trying to do behind them. The interface would become much tidier. I am picturing something like the application frame feature of adobe cs4.

4 answers to this question

The application frame ties all the pallettes together in one window. A much more structured feel and easier/quicker to use, i feel, because of this. It's actually I think a rather simple thing. Maybe you can even do it in VW and I just don't know about it.

I've attached a screen shot of Photoshop CS4

See what you mean.

i'm afraid i prefer it as VW is. Cinema 4D has a similar GUI and i don't really like it. i appreciate that laptops may have limited screen real estate, but i like to use a separate screen for the palettes so that i can see good detail of what i'm working on.

i wouldn't fight an option like this though, as long as i can choose to opt out in the Prefs.

There's another thread requesting the MS Red Dot UI too, i'm afraid that i wouldn't like. But if i get to choose, i'll deal with it.

Legacy . . . . . .

Edited by AndiACD

Have you tried turning on the Palette Margins in the VW Prefs?

They work well if you have a single monitor. Not so well if you have multiple monitors.

You should be able to specify the which side or both to have the margin on.

Or just manually reduce the size of your drawing to fit the space between the palettes before you save it as a template. It should always open to that size from then on.