SPREADSHEET QUERY

Hi There,

I have a question regarding the Worksheets in Vectorworks 2008/2009 (and any other version for that matter).

I am working on a hotel project, and have all of the standard furniture drawn as named symbols, on a specific 'FURNITURE' layer in my document. Within each of the rooms, I have a named polygon, as an outline.

Using the Database function in the worksheet, I have used the search criteria to list the LAYER is furniture, TYPE is symbol, and whose LOCATION is within the named polygon. Using the '=S'function at the head of the database, the worksheet returns a list of all of the symbols that sit within my named polygon, on the Furniture layer (see FIG 1) So far so good...

The problem is, that where I have two or more of the same item, it is listing the same item individually, so that when I add the '=COUNT' function at the head of the next column, every item reads '1'(See FIG 2).

Is there a way of getting the spreadsheet to list each symbol only once, and then calculating quantities in the adjacent column?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Nick

With database row 1 highlighted, move your cursor up to the little itty-bitty "SUM" button located above the Column 'A' label and click-drag-and-drop it on the A1 cell. This will give you a summary of each common field entry. If you grab the little ascending button (the one on the right) and drag-and-drop on the same cell, it will sort alphabetically.

Let me know if it works or you need more help.