Tape Measure Tool . . . . . . ?

Is it possible to aquire the dimensions shown in the floating window that provides the measurements obtained by the Tape Measure then paste it/them into a dialogue like the Move Tool or any other tool for that matter?

i have found no reference to this ability anywhere in the VWhelp files so i guess it doesn't exist, but if anyone out there knows a way of doing this, give us a clue. Please.

If not, i guess i'll have to add it to my Wish List entries.

No, the Tape Measure readings don't show up in the OIP.

OIP dimensions don't always show up anyway sometimes all you get is Co-Ords and Scale, besides, if all i needed where the overall dimensions of an object i wouldn't need the Tape Measure . . . .

Thanx for taking a shot anyway Anthony.

No...any line you use from point to point regardless of the orientation will contain the angle, length, x and y coordinate values in The OIP. I use line data all the time when I need to gain up to 10 digits of decimal accuracy to copy/paste for an object move along the x, y and z axis.

The tape measure settings do not show up in the OIP...I never said they did...I said use a line to find your dimension.

The following solution doesn't work with the built-in VW Tape Measure--only with the enhanced Tape measure tool frm VectorBits:

You can copy the data as you tab through the floating bar. Then, with a juiced clipboard (like PHPasetboard), you can paste the data as needed.