Printing perspective views

Printing perspective views used to be simple with my HP 722 in Windows 98 and VW 8.5.2 (or was it VW 7?). The perspective was automatically scaled to fit the sheet, and only the view showing on the screen printed out. Just get your perspective set up, then print. Now, with VW 9.0, an HP 1220C and Windows 2000, I have to set up a single sheet page size, scale it and move the page to center the view. As though this weren't enough trouble, it will print a larger view, to the extent of the sheet, instead of what shows in the window. I solve this by masking the rest of the page with a window around the perspective view that shows on the screen, a pain. This problem is occurring with a document originally created in VW 8.5.2 and translated to VW 9.0.

By the way, if you choose the wrong order of doing the steps above, you can get into trouble. You must set the scale in the page setup dialog box BEFORE switching to the perspective view, otherwise the effect of setting scaling changes the view on the screen radically.

[This message has been edited by P Retondo (edited 06-18-2001).]