small corner cabinet

Thanks, Peter. Good to hear from you again.

I was trying to get to 24" or narrower, the kind at the end of a run of cabinets so you don't kill your hip walking by or to allow a better circulation route. When I got that small it disappeared or became an odd "L" shape. What would be really nice is to have a tie- in to a manufacturer.

Edited by blackdogarch

Oh, I get what you want. There is a way to do it, but it requires that a) the last base cabinet in the run be user-modeled (as a trapazoid in plan) and b) the counter top be created from a polygon (a Floor Object works well). All of which is fine and pretty quick, but not within the capabilities of the current cabinet PIO.

I'm not sure, but it might be worth inquiring with the makers of Interior Cad (a VW's Add-On) to see if their cabinets have these capabilities...

http://www.interiorcad.at/index.php?id=beispielvideos&L=1#

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, at this juncture I can't afford the program, and to be honest, with most residential designs I do the layout along with the architectural design of the space, and the client works with the cabinet vendor (big-box or otherwise), so I really don't need the depth of InteriorCad. I would like greater flexibility in the regular program's plug-in or symbols. There really is a derth of symbols for general use when compared with some programs used for residential design. I noted a recent post regarding a comparisoin with Chief Architect, and should note I have translated many of their symbols as well as Sketch-up, but this is second hand and time consuming, and should be available in the base program (or at least Architect).