Running program under limited user account

AndySHDC

Question

In our council network our user accounts are tied down as much as possible.

I have installed the vectorworks 30 day trial for a member of our planning developments department to use, if they find it meets their needs the whole department will be looking at purchasing vectorworks landmark.

The program runs fine with administrator rights but fails to run under the user account giving the following error:

"Faulting application vectorworks2009.exe, version 14.0.1.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.3520, fault address 0x0000100b."

I have been able to narrow it down to what looks like a problem with modifying a file somewhere because when I give the user account full modifying permissions to the whole C drive the program runs. - However, to meet our network security standards I need to only allow access to the files it needs.

Please can anyone tell me what files/folders the user account needs modify rights to?

1 answer to this question

I don't know what the problem may be for sure, but make sure that the user folder is in a writeable area as there are definitely files in this structure that are updated - its also best practice to move them to an area that is backed up - I put mine under My Documents area. Also check where the lock file is initially created although I don't think this is your problem as it sounds as if you have not go to the stage of opening a file by the time you crash.

The user folder is configurable under the "tools/options/vectorworks preferences/user folders" menu/tab.

If running an SP update, you will likely need to do that as admin.