When is update 9.1 due out?

I agree wholeheartedly with Henry Finch. I have taken the same test approach and am completing current projects in VWA 8.5.2. I have started one new project with VWA 9, converted one from 8.5.2. Many printing problems with the latter on the converted file all well documented by myself and others, as well as sluggish performance.

I must say, though, that the new shortcuts and enhancements make me ache and pine for the bug fixes to 9 because I really love it and can see increased productivity on just that one new project I've started.

Let's all hope that the latest news about the 9.0.1 release is true for the first week of July. You may notice that the press releases are from the same woman. She was kind enough to respond back to me to simply say, "it won't be long now."

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Henry Finch:

On another note. Nemetschek should immediately extend the warranty period on VW9 to promote confidence.

Henry

If you bought directly from NNA, are having significant problems, and are nearing the end of your return period, call the sales folk and let them know your concerns.

Note that there's a link on the NNA press release page regarding 9.0.1, but the linked file is not set up yet. So expect an announcement imminently.

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

My goodness, I'm glad we are finally getting through all this! A tip of the hat to all those who have kept their composure in an experience whose outcome was obvious. And hi to Henry Finch, haven't "seen" you since the AOL forum a few years back. I agree with the comment about the attraction of some of the new features, and I am also looking forward to getting to work with the new version. To all those who saw this as a good excuse to switch to autocad, bye. Having known a few autocad users over the years, I can testify that Autodesk has royally mangled a few of their new releases also. New software versions are almost universally overhyped by their creators. My perspective.

Best,

Donald

re: Press Release

OK Mike...they've removed the egg from your face! Not as "definite" as everyone might have liked, but a positive statement, certainly, and only one day later than Mike had been led to believe. Congratulations to all of the staff that have been working so diligently to get things fixed. You could go home and sleep now...if ya remember _how_!!! <g>

I'm anxiously awaiting the "first reports" from you folks out there who will see 9.0.1 very soon...and keepin' my fingers crossed that it's time for me to upgrade!

<Jack>

Last minute complications caused us to be delayed a day in the public announcement. In hopes of easing some of our more upset customers I had cornered a few Marketing representatives to squeeze a date out of them. With software the best way to be 100% reliable about when a new product's release or shipment date is by having the product already shipped and received by the customers. In the future there will be no more relaying exact release dates by Technical Support unless the information is infallible.

Respectfully,

Mike Swilley

Technical Support Manger

Nemetschek North America

ps. "You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs." <g>

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Stereo:

I think it was me who introduced the idea about Allplan against VW. I wrote down this because this actually is the biggest fear I have about VW / Nemetschek.

As someone who works on the VW code full-time, I would stake my reputation that you have nothing to fear in this department. VW development continues on full-force.

According to a just-released press release (see the NNA web site for more info), VW 9.0.1 updates will be being sent out the first week of July (next week.)

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

Just in case this can help anyone. I am a first time user running VW 9 on Windows 2000 Pro, and I have not had many stability problems - certainly not the crashing problems mentioned here. I can state with some authority that Windows 2000 is far more stable than Windows 98 or ME, and might be a viable option for some who need a really stable work environment.

As an aside - I run on a laptop and hibernate frequently. This causes problems only if you leave files open while hibernating.

------------------