Problems with snaps

I am using VW 2009 in Spanish and I am having serious trouble with snapping. In VW 2008 and previous, each time I was drawing a line, if I moved the cursor to a line or an arc. it will always show a cue like "obect/perpendicular" or "point" or whatever, that allowed me to finish the line exactly in another one, or in the border of a circle or an arc.

In 2009, I have the same snap options I have used in previous versions, but I can't get snaps to correctly help me. So my drawings are very inaccurate now, if I zoom closer I can clearly see lines do not end exactly where I wanted to, when I drag a line to snap it exactly over another one it does NOT snap correctly, almost all the time it ends very close, but not exactly over the other one.

What is going on? I have tried turning on all snap cues, and also tried the different preferences with no success yet. The general sensation it gives to me is that 2009 is not precise. Anyway I can't believe this, something must be not configured. What can it be?

I have searched the site for updates, but there are no service packs available for Spanish. In another post I did some days ago I was told spanish SP3 will come today. Will these bring back my snaps?

Thank you for your input.

Edited by Hugo