Show & Hide Grid Lines

Alida

I've managed it before, but can't seem to find it now...

How do you control if the grid guidelines are visible? I know there's a checkbox somewhere...

Thanks!

EDIT:

Just figured out how to change the opacity of the lines to 0, but now curiosity just demands that I find that checkbox... Any help in my crusade greatly appreciated.

Edited by Alida
Yeah, I just spent 20 minutes looking for this. They certainly have done a good job of hiding it. "Smart cursor settings"? How counterintuitive is that?

There is actually an intuitive way: go to Tools>Set Grid... The snap cursor settings are just a short cut.

And, did you know that double-tapping a tool or snap button performs the same function as double-clicking it? Just his "aa" on the keyboard, and you get the Set Grid dialog.

HTH,

Josh

• Like 1
  • 10 years later...

Is the grid activated but just not showing?

There is a ‘display grid’ button on the top right of your drawing area. If it’s not showing click on the little arrows there and various preference options come up, one of which is to show the display screen button. 

So the previous question still stands. Is it activated and just not showing or is it neither?

What are your Grid settings and page setup settings? The grid is confined to your page area so make sure you are zoomed to an area inside your page.

image.thumb.png.fbbd34cef8cee3882d9fdf9b7383d527.png

I activated it and am sending screen shot because still not showing up. Do I need to restart?

Or at least that's my understanding from the check on the top right that I sent in the previous message.

Also showing Smart Cursor where I have Snap Grid @ .5. I have zoomed in to be sure and see nada.

Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 2.54.53 PM.png

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
13 hours ago, Cristiano Alves said:

Is it possible have a grid on the "Front View"?

I don’t think you can set your snap grid always in the foreground if that’s what you mean but if you hold the “B” key down then background objects, incl the snap grid, will be visible. 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:34 AM, Cristiano Alves said:

Is it possible have a grid on the "Front View"?

I believe the Snap/Reference Grid always exists + can only exist on the ground plane...

I rarely use it to be honest, + then only on Sheet Layers, and I am interested to know: on a Sheet Layer I can just about see the snap grid (the dots) when I'm actively zooming but otherwise barely at all (they only show at a certain zoom value + even then they're incredibly faint). As for the design layer the snap grid is completely absent: I can't see the dots under any circumstances. Also, if I turn on the 'Use Sound' I don't get the 'click' when snapping to the grid either (as I've seen in the help video). So all in all, with the dots themselves invisible + no audible cue that I'm snapping to them, this isn't a feature I'm really getting much benefit from. I've searched but can't see any settings I'm missing. To be clear: the snap grid is there + I am snapping to it, it's just that without the visual/audible cues it's hard to be sure of the fact + so limits its usefulness.