Callout tool quirks

HOUCAD

I have been having some problems with the callout tool text and leader arrows. At first it took me a while to figure out how to set the marker style and it only seems to work when I define the marker in a class. No matter what I tried I could not select a callout and make it use a different marker.

The second thing that is happening is if I change the marker by class, I have to select each callout and grip edit or text edit it for the arrow to update. I also have a similar issue where on some computers the text wraps when it shouldn't and I have to select each callout as above to reset them.

Am I missing something? I am finding that many things have to be reset by toggling something when you modify them after creation.

• 1 month later...

Its an odd one isn't it.

You can define the 'other leader markers' in Dimension Preferences but it does seem to effect callouts unless you draw on the dimension class.

You can use the little attributes palette - via the little arrows at the bottom to instantly change one or many objects- one to switch on, one to choose type- (much easier than your stated method).

Or set the class default line type end, but that is not very useful if you want to draw other lines on that class.