Lab problems

OK.

I have set up a new lab. I have the dongle on one computer and have installed VW2008 on all the computers, and the program works fine. Now my problem.

Each student has to log onto a computer with their own login (to prevent another student from playing with their work).

For EACH/EVERY STUDENT I have had to:

Set up a shortcut on the desk top.

Set up VW in the correct workspace.

Add new favorite files

150 STUDENTS !!! This is driving me crazy :-(

Is there any other way to do this????

This is a HP PC lab Windows XP

Edited by Jim_Allen
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Jim,

The easiest way around this:

1) On one of the machines, set it up with the favorite files the way you like it and with the correct workspace.

2) Go to File > Exit specifically, to close Vectorworks. (Not the X at the top right.) This will save the preferences into the user folder.

3) Copy the folder from the following (default) location:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\Application Data\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\2008

4) Place this folder in the corresponding location on any machine you wish to keep the same settings. It will open Vectorworks with the workspace you chose, as well as the whole favorites library.

No quick option to place a VW icon on the desktop unfortunately, that would have to be modified in the machines' images beforehand.

Edited by JimW