Spotlight Error output on Lighting Device

I just tried to move a lighting device in a plot. I originally drew the plot passed it off to someone else and have gotten it back for some changes.

The error says "A Vectorscript error has occurred on this locked plug-in. Refer to the file "Error Output" for a further explanation."

My guess is the error is in the Lighting Device script because what else would it be.

Under "C:\Documents and Settings\Upstaging User\Application Data\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\2008" I found a text file Error Output. That is the only place I could find such a file. Not sure if it has the info I am looking for.

The text file goes as follows.

Line #500: GETPROJECTION(_416)ELSE _3268 :=GETPROJECTION(ACTLAYER);GETVIEW(_3262,_3263,_3264,_3265,_3266,_3267);IF (_3268 <>6)&((_3262 <>0)|(_3263 <>0)|(_3264 <>0))THEN BEGIN SETVIEW(0,0,0,_3265,_3266,_3267);

|

{ Error: Identifier not declared. }

|

{ Error: Expected a string. }

|

{ Error: Did not expect this after end of statement - missing ;? }

|

{ Error: Identifier not declared. }

|

{ Error: Expected a string. }

|

{ Error: Did not expect this after end of statement - missing ;? }

For some reason in looking at this I would not expect this to be the problem.

Any thoughts on what it could be. I cannot work too well without this.

Matt

Well, since nobody else is weighing in I'll see what I can do.

I know next to nothing about Spotlight.

Is 'Lighting Device script' something that comes with Spotlight?

If not, where did you get the script and how is it run?

When did it last run error free?

What may have changed since then?

This kind of error can be caused by a number of things in the script. I can't see anything wrong with the small snippet supplied by the error report. Some likely possibilites are:

a spelling mistake

a variable declared as one data type and used as another

a variable used in the script but not declared

All of these could be checked by comparing the variables used in the script against those created in the VAR block.

It can also be caused by improper punctuation.

The error may be in a chunk of script immediately prior to what's in the report.

I'd need to see a fair bit more or the script itself to have any hope of finding the problem.

I contacted tech support because it became very problematic. I thought it was a file problem at first and I tried looking at other plots that used that script. None of them worked either. I had a eval copy on my computer at one point at the program folder was still there. I went into the Plug In folder copied the lighting device vso from the eval and pasted it into the real copy plug in folder. It seemed to resolve the problem. I had to make a few of the changes I had made to it again but not the end of the world.

I wonder how that had become corrupt. I have been trying as you can see in another post to share my workspaces and plugins and such maybe something went pear shaped with that.

Matt

Probably when doing some of these copying operations, it did not write all the file and got corrupted. That is why we are always reminded to backup files as a preventive measurement. Although there is a 99% chance that system operations will complete successfully, there is always that remaining 1% when something may go wrong.

Matt

Just as a heads up there is a Spotlight specific forum - Kevin, the Spotlight NNA guy, checks in there frequestly and may be a better place for Spotlight specific issues.

I agree with Miguel that something may have errored during your attempts at sharing and/or syncing that you were working on. It seems possible to me that if VW was running, or had not exited properly, on the source machine and a sync operation was run that files may have come across as locked.

Perhaps a reinstall of VW may be in order, just to be sure all the bits and pieces are in place.