Switching from one document to another

Let's say I have two or three documents open. Normally, to view one of the other documents you would just mouse up to the 'Window' menu and click on it and it opens, Well, when I do that nothing happens... I'm still seeing the same document. So I have to minimise the document I'm working on to see the next one. Doesn't seem to matter what workspace I'm using either.

Perhaps one of the Vista guys knows if there is a shortcut to switch between open windows. You could try alt+F6, that works on multiple open documents in Word, but since my VectorWorks is on a Mac I can't test it.

By the way on a Mac shortcut between all open documents is Apple Key+~, at least on VectorWorks 12.5

-Brendan

Yes, Cmd~ toggles open VW windows in V2009 and earlier. Also, in Mac OS10.4 and above search Mac Help for Expose functionality. For example:

F9 (or on portables, F3 or Fn-F9) key tiles all open windows to the desk top. Click one to activate it.

F11 key minimizes all open windows to reveal the desktop. Click again to bring them back.

One can also establish hot corners for some desktop management. Look in System Prefs>Expose

-B

I've just had a workout in the Workspace Editor. Doesn't seem to matter what workspace I'm in, or what menu I place "Document Windows" under. It just doesn't work. You click on the Number 2 document that is open but you still see the Number 1 document. However, if I place "Document Windows" under the second last menu in the Workspace Editor, "Document Context (right click on document)" it works fine. So now all I have to do is right click on the visible document, up comes the list, and then ping on the other open document I want to view, and voila... probably more convenient than ever once I get used to it. But pretty wierd that it doesn't work under a normal menu. My other programs work fine in that respect... could just be my setup.

So thanks to all of you who gave advice. I'm happy with this solution and can get on with my work again with a bit less frustration!