Issue Manager OIP

mr. iagea

Question

We really need a way to get at the Issue Manager data and edit it. I am constantly frustrated by "old" issue entries, which had been deleted from my sheets, overriding my new entries, or being printed when I'm trying to add a new entry.

In particular, I'm referring to a more efficient method of dealing with ALL the entries. Currently, to remove and old entiry, I need to individually delete it from each sheet title block where it resides. With documents that are 20+ sheets, this can be very tedious. It would be better to be able to see all the sheets' entries in a single location, and manage the entries that way.

12 answers to this question

Hello, I have unfortunately decided to use the issue manager as well in one project and I'm having the same issues, can somebody lend a helping hand with the same exact problem Mr.Iagea is having; old entries overriding new ones... and +1 to all he said.

I made '>a dialog that can manage all revisions and issues of drawing borders in one place, with some additional options.

Is this what you are looking for ?

This is fantastic! I can not believe I had not heard of these packs before. It seems like a relatively robust MEP collection as well as the common sense tools and dialogs that I have been waiting for.

I am assuming all of these work with imperial units?

This is fantastic! I can not believe I had not heard of these packs before. It seems like a relatively robust MEP collection as well as the common sense tools and dialogs that I have been waiting for.

Well I still haven't placed an announcement in the third party forums yet but I will do so for the 2017 release. It will feature huge improvements.

I am assuming all of these work with imperial units?

Yes, units don't matter.

I wonder why everyone keeps asking that. Are there any tools for Vectorworks that are limited to a certain unit system ?

Yes, units don't matter.

I wonder why everyone keeps asking that. Are there any tools for Vectorworks that are limited to a certain unit system ?

I just downloaded a trial - and I did not see a place where I could convert the objects to imperial. All inputs are still expecting metric units. All objects seem to work - but duct sizes are listed in mm. Flows are all listed in metric as well. Did I download the wrong plugin?

Yes, units don't matter.

I just downloaded a trial - and I did not see a place where I could convert the objects to imperial. All inputs are still expecting metric units. All objects seem to work - but duct sizes are listed in mm. Flows are all listed in metric as well. Did I download the wrong plugin?

The inputs expect units based on your document unit settings and our own custom unit settings. The last one can be managed in the MEP settings dialog for each discipline, if available.

If you have any further questions I suggest you mail me directly.

Yes, units don't matter.

The inputs expect units based on your document unit settings and our own custom unit settings. The last one can be managed in the MEP settings dialog for each discipline, if available.

If you have any further questions I suggest you mail me directly.

BOOM! You have it covered. Thanks!

I have been thinking about this - and I have been trying out the issue plugin.

Really the whole process needs to be conceptually reversed. Rather than selecting sheets and adding issue or revision data to those sheets - you should create issue or revision entries and then add sheets to them. That way if the issue or revision data needs to be modified, it is modified on all sheets in that issue.

Then the issue or revision entry would contain the sheets that are associated with it - making really easy to see what was issued or revised on any date - rather than having to click through all sheet borders to see if that data was added.

I have been thinking about this - and I have been trying out the issue plugin.

Really the whole process needs to be conceptually reversed. Rather than selecting sheets and adding issue or revision data to those sheets - you should create issue or revision entries and then add sheets to them. That way if the issue or revision data needs to be modified, it is modified on all sheets in that issue.

Then the issue or revision entry would contain the sheets that are associated with it - making really easy to see what was issued or revised on any date - rather than having to click through all sheet borders to see if that data was added.

That and many other features yes. I've kept it to extending the current system as it is because I fear the day I create a separate system, Vectorworks comes with an update which would render all my work in the bin :)