Fonts switching between users?

Hi,

Our office has a few people using different workstations taking turns working in a group of related files that are referenced together. It seems that some of the notes, bugs, and other text objects are changing font depending on which user opens the file. This is messing with our layout for obvious reasons. Is there a way to fix the problem and make sure we don't get into the same mess again in the future? Maybe there's a default font setting somewhere?

Thanks!

I have been having the same issue with fonts behaving differently between computers. I checked the font mappings on 2 computers and neither computer had any font mappings for the suspect font (ariel narrow) In my case it seems to be one computer that is causing the problem. I have installed the exact same font on all computers and that didn't resolve the problem.

With one drawing the text is in callouts within an annotation layer. The callouts appear fine on the computer they were created on but when you open up the drawing on any other computer the text wraps as if the text box size was reduced. The parameters of the callout have not changed and there is plenty of room for the text. If you click on the callout then close the dialog the text resets and is no longer wrapped and overlapping. This has caused a lot of problems with one set of drawings in particular and it has cropped up again recently when we have had to reprint a plan from another computer.

One thing I suspect may be happening is in the mac fontbook display for that font there are several different default modes for the font. I did set the font to the same defaults on both computers but it didn't change the drawing.

I have physically removed the font from one system and copied and installed the same font on both and the problem persists. It is in vectorworks, not just when printing.

I just came across another problem with the same machine with a different font. (notetaker) All the text is set to bold but rotated text does not appear bold. I haven't checked it out on other computers myself yet but I was told that it is ok on at least one other computer.

I am sure it is this one computer that is causing the problems but the OS and vectorworks versions and fonts etc are all the same.

OK, I ran fontbook and several fonts had some warnings. I cleaned them up and opened up the drawing again and saved. The font still wraps on other computers. I clicked on some of the text to reset them just to see if the culprit computer would change the text back and it seems to be ok once the text is reset. The other text I didnt touch is still messed up. When I open the file on the other computer and save it, then open it again on another computer, the text is messed up again.

Edited by HOUCAD