Issue Data

Anyone know where is the master Issue manager data kept? I am having trouble with "old" entries which I had long ago deleted populating my Issues whenever I add a new entry. I want to simply wipe out (or at least manage) the data in the Issue Manager.

When I edit the issue data for a specific sheet (via the OIP), I can get to the data and it's fine, but I want to apply this data to all my sheets, which I can only do through the File > Issue Manager command. This is where I am having the trouble of old data automatically being plugged in (and sometimes even the entry I just put in not showing up at all, but being replaced by the old data. That's bad programming, people).

Thanks!

The issue data is stored in a hidden record format attached to the drawing border object.

The record name is called Issue Data. I consists of 200 fields named:

Note-1, Number-1, Date-1, Approved-1 to Note-50, Number-50, Date-50 and Approved-50.

This makes it quite difficult to work with from a vectorscript.

If you really want to try and edit it manually, you could create a worksheet that would let you see the data for each drawing border in the file, but it would take a bit of hand editing since it is a hidden record.

The database criteria would be =DATABASE((R IN ['Issue Data']))

and the formula for each cell in the header row would be

='Issue Data'.'Note-1'

Copy this across and replace Note-1 with Note, Number, Date, Approved postfixed with -1 to -50.

Doesn't seem like much fun to me.

UGH. No doubt! Seems like this is a common enough activity, it should be easier to access than that. :(

Hmm, I just want to get rid of old data that is irrelevant. If that's the ONLY way I can remove old data, then that IS bad programming.

Ugh x 2.

Thanks for the assistance, Pat. I'll see what I can do.

I just really need to get the Issue Manger working correctly, and at this point, it is not. I cannot enter new Issues because only old deleted ones are showing up on the sheets.

The Issue Manger is having issues.

Anyone know how to get this to work correctly, without me having to go into each individual sheet and enter the same data 28 times?

I went through the same issues with the issue manager recently. I started a thread on it in the Architect forum.

I had used a custom border I made a while ago to set up a 60 sheet drawing set. There was no issue data visible and there was no issue data record when I set up this drawing set. The first time I ran the issue manager all this crap from months ago appears on all my sheets. the issue data must have been retained in the border itself but set to not show anything unless there is a record template somewhere VW uses to set it up the first time. I tried deleting the record but it comes back when you run the issue manager again.

What I ended up doing is I ran a report to list the issue data record elements then went column by column - highlight/delete/enter repeat.

For my master templates I will have to strip it down to a single file and clean out the entries then rebuild my sheet set. I am worried that it will appear again when I am in a hurry to print up a set of plans. I know it will.

• 8 years later...
On 8.4.2009 at 10:28 PM, Pat Stanford said:

The issue data is stored in a hidden record format attached to the drawing border object.

The record name is called Issue Data. I consists of 200 fields named:

Note-1, Number-1, Date-1, Approved-1 to Note-50, Number-50, Date-50 and Approved-50.

This makes it quite difficult to work with from a vectorscript.

If you really want to try and edit it manually, you could create a worksheet that would let you see the data for each drawing border in the file, but it would take a bit of hand editing since it is a hidden record.

The database criteria would be =DATABASE((R IN ['Issue Data']))

and the formula for each cell in the header row would be

='Issue Data'.'Note-1'

Copy this across and replace Note-1 with Note, Number, Date, Approved postfixed with -1 to -50.

Doesn't seem like much fun to me.

HI Pat

I was searching and found this tread from 2009. Do you know it is possible to make a script to remove old issue data? I have the same problem as described in the tread, creating new files by copying old ones, it would be handy to blank out old issue history, without having to go through dozens of worksheet cells

Kind regards

Hans-Olav

If you just want to clear all of the issue data from a title block, here is a sledgehammer approach. This script deletes the record holding all of the issue data and reattaches a blank copy of the record on the currently selected Sheet Border.  Until you have data in the record, the formatting fields for the issue data will display. This appears to happen both with the sledgehammer approach and will a more delicate method.

Let me know if this helps.

Procedure ClearIssueData;

Var	H1: Handle;

Begin
	H1:=FSActLayer;
	DelRecord(H1,'Issue Data');
	SetRecord(H1,'Issue Data');
End;

Run(ClearIssueData);

• 6 years later...

My problem with the "Issue Data" list is that i can't seem to add a sheet to an already existing "Issue Number". Is the only approach to delete all, and then add it again to all the sheets you now need it for? 

I created a worksheet to see in the information under the hidden record "Issue Data-#" but i can't edit that information. Is there a way to edit through the worksheet or this is read only info?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Marius H,

On 9/7/2023 at 3:55 AM, Marius H said:

My problem with the "Issue Data" list is that i can't seem to add a sheet to an already existing "Issue Number". Is the only approach to delete all, and then add it again to all the sheets you now need it for? 

- Currently there is no direct way to issue a new sheet with an old issue.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:55 AM, Marius H said:

I created a worksheet to see in the information under the hidden record "Issue Data-#" but i can't edit that information. Is there a way to edit through the worksheet or this is read only info?

-If you make a standard report reporting issue data of title blocks you should be able to directly edit the data in one title block and it will apply to all. You can also use the title block manager or title block settings dialogs to edit issue data.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov