Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Y COORDINATES + DATASTAMP UPDATE hheeeeelllpppp

hELLO PPL,

Question 1:

is there a way to get y coordinates and use this to calculate for example terrain hights ? (do not if this is the rigth question)

Imagine, i have to put some "elevations" in my section elevations in 2D. how do i do that ? has i didnt find anything about this but i use "section elevation marker 2.0" and put the values myself is there a way to modify that script so it calculates the y coordinate and put it automaticly on the "section elevation marker 2.0" text ????

Of course before using the first time the plugin , or script, i have to define 0,0 , using "define origin" or any other way.

Is this possible or does this allready exists ?

Question 2:

how to update DATASTAMP automaticly ? by any chance exists another plugin that can retrive my filename automaticly and update everytime i do an "save as" or when i change it on the system ?

Or creating an symbol text record vectorscript update ?

thx in advanced

Edited by orlando Teixeira

I think I need a better explanation of what you are trying to do in Question1. Are you working in 2D or 3D? Are these elevations that you have drawn or are they created using viewports/section viewports?

Question2. No, there is no way for VW automatically update a string in the file.

You would write a vectorscript (check Vectordepot.com it might already exist) that would update the string when you run the script, but there is no way to automatically run a script in Vectorwork 2009 or before.

sorry but my english isnt very good . i am talking in 2d section elevation.

see te example in this image : alcado.jpg

The elevation marker (in the red circle) as an value,

in this case i wanted to use the y coordinate of the file and put that value on the marker, or just a text ....

The only thing is that before using the script i have to set origin so the y coordinate will be correct

see what i mean ?

thx in advanced

no answer it must be to easy but i do not get it....perhaps if i explain a little more.

something like :

PROCEDURE FindYcoord;

VAR

x1, y1 : REAL;

BEGIN

GetPt(x1,y1);

execute "section elevation marker 2" and place origin on (x1,y1)

substitute text in newly created object by y1 value

DSelectAll

END;

RUN(FindYcoord);

hope this helps

i do not know how to execute "section elevation marker 2" , put it on x1,y1 origin and substitute text whitin it

any ideas ?

thx in advanced

Hello Pat,

thx for your answer, its very nice that tool, combined with control point its just what i wanted but graphicly speaking we use the style in "section elevation marker 2"

I really, really apreciated if someone could give me an hand on how to complete the script.

how do i call a tool for example "section elevation marker 2" ? and i do i change its properties ?

ps.another question is that everytime i change position i have to adjust control point...or there is aother method ? i tryied to "set origin" but it didnt changed anything (not using control point at this time)...

thx in advanced

Edited by orlando Teixeira