Worksheet icons grayed out

Sky

Pat,

You always have the answers. I did it for my window schedule not one hour earlier, but I couldn't repeat it with my doors.

What would I ever do without you? That worked!

BUT I have run into a different problem now. I'm stumped.

I made a quantity column and defined it as =COUNT and put the Summarize Icon on the Mark column so I can group the same kind if windows and doors together with the quantity.

All the quantities are showing up correctly EXCEPT for 5 of the doors. In each of those cases, there is only 1 door, but it is showing 2. I have other doors listed with a quantity of 1 door so it isn't across all doors.

If I uncheck On Schedule in that door, the door completely disappears from the Door Schedule. When I recheck it, it comes back as two?!? WTF?!?

Sorry. I'm frustrated. LOL

Any tips?

Sky

I doubt it is a viewport thing since it is only two doors. It is more likely that you have somehow duplicated (probably by clicking on them with the Option/Alt key held down) two of the doors.

To check the criteria, go to the database header row (i.e. 4, not 4.1, 4.2, etc.) If the header row is not shown, go to the pulldown triangle menu over the row number and check the item labeled Database Headers.

Click and hold in the database header row number. From the popup menu select Edit Criteria. Try adding a criteria to specify exactly what layer you want to use the doors from.

I just tried this in SP2 and it appears that doors are not double counted unless they are in design layer viewports, not sheet layer viewports.

To check for double doors, go to the row number and either right click or hold down the control key and click. You will get a menu item that says Select Item. Choose this and it will change the view and selection to put the item from that row at the center of the screen.

michaelk was right. There were a couple of windows that did it too and it was related directly do a viewport I made on my site plan of the bottom floor.

I tried everything I could to add criteria to either pick the layers/viewports or to exclude layers/viewports but I couldn't get any of them to eliminate the double counted doors and windows.

Maybe I don't understand the difference between a sheet layer viewport and a design layer viewport. I have two site plans on my drawings because the building is a 3-story split level (5 floors), so I have a site plan where I put the design layer viewport (I assume) showing the roof, and a site plan with a design layer viewport (again an assumption) showing the bottom floor so the actual footprint is more obvious.

Perhaps this wasn't the best way to do things?

Sky

So how many layers do you have? How many with viewports? Is there anything else on the layers with viewports?

To modify the criteria I would do the following:

Edit Criteria

Click the More Choiced button

Put in a criteria of Layer Is Not Design Layer-2 (the layer I have the viewport on)

Then click OK.

Repeat the above steps for each Design Layer that has a viewport on it.

Should we wish-list this?

This limitation has cropped up a number of times in the past.

We need an "Excluding components of:" in the criteria editor.

Actually it's just another checkbox in the "Including...." for viewports.

If un-checked it wouldn't look in viewports.

This seems like a good default. Most people don't want to report things twice. (unless it means more money in pocket :-)

Thank you so much for all of your help! Somehow that needs to be easier to do - this is set up from a programming/engineering standpoint instead of a user interface point of view.

But anyway, my mistake was that I was choosing a layer criteria and then specifying the sheet (why it is listed in the pull down menu, I have no idea). But scrolling down further showed me the layers, I choose that, and it was excluded from the count.

Everything is right in the world again. ahhh....

Sky