NTDLL.DLL error with VW viewer 12.5 - *Solved*

Hi,

I updated from VW viewer 11.5 to VW Viewer 12.5 and it crashes at start-up with a NTDLL.DLL error message.

I googled this but only seem to get solutions for when it happens in Internet Explorer when you get an NTDLL error.

When I logon to the PC as another user and run VW Viewer 12.5, there is no error message.

I can't figure out what could be causing this problem.

I tried updating quicktime, using an older version of quicktime, running chkdsk on my HDD, replacing the DLL file.

Nothing was installed on the PC in about 3 months, so I know it's not a software/hardware conflict.

Could it be something else?

Edited by Rob Accomando

I'm not sure that you can (I've never heard of it) or need to update the registry.

If it works on another user account I would think it's a security/permission problem. Try setting the viewer exe to run as administrator.

Your user account may be corrupted and you may need to migrate to a new user account.

I'm not sure that you can (I've never heard of it) or need to update the registry.

If it works on another user account I would think it's a security/permission problem. Try setting the viewer exe to run as administrator.

Your user account may be corrupted and you may need to migrate to a new user account.

Migrating to a new user account would be tough to do because there are ALOT of accounts tied to that username.

I'm not sure what security/permission to change to avoid this DLL error. :crazy:

Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep digging.

Also, there was no problem with Vectorworks viewer 11. I would have kept that except all of our material prints were updated to VW 12.5