Titleblock Scales

Hi,

I use a titleblock with a record format attached and I turn classes on and off to display different info from plate to plate.

I insert the titleblock symbols as viewport annotations. However, I want to use the same titleblock symbol with 1/4" and 1/2" viewports. I use viewport lineweight scaling to make the lineweights of my drawing match in these two scales. However, lineweight scaling doesn't seem to affect viewport annotations, so the titleblock on the 1/4" plate has linewights that are too thick.

Is there any way around this, other than inserting the titleblock symbols into the design layer?

Thanks!

-Ben

It should work if the title block is on the design layer, but you will need to have multiple title blocks (potentially with different line weights) for each different scale layer.

If you are using sheet layers anyhow, it makes more sense to me to put the title block on the sheet layer.

If you need to see where the title block will be (for layout purposes), then just make a dummy title block in a class that you can turn off in the viewport.

Remember, it is possible to draw on the sheet layer at 1:1, even drawing over the top of a viewport. A viewport is an object and it can be sent to the front or back just like any other object.

Thank you Pat for the answer. Very informative.

Jonathan, I was just wanting to know if that would be possible in VW, not saying that would be the way I would do it, just confirming the alternative.

There is always more than one way to "skin a cat" in any CAD program

It seems the best and easiest way to do a border would be to place it on a SL as suggested.