mac os X

My firm is getting ready to purchase a couple new computers, macs. Apple is preinstalling os X on all computers. Is anyone using os X and vectorworks v9.0. If so how is it preforming and more. Thanks for your help.

chris

------------------

jennifer bloomer|robert

segrest architecture

christopher c evans

630 milledge circle

athens georgia 30606

Tel/fax 706.543.7561

http://www.bloomerseg

rest.com

c_evans@bloomerseg

rest.com

I use VW 8.5.2 and OSX and I'm quite happy with it. It of course runs under classic mode but I've had no serious problems. One thing to bear in mind though is printing. I find that I have to have my printer turned on before I start up classic or it doesn't recognise it. my connection is not 100% orthodox so maybe thats got something to do with it.

If you have problems you only have to set it to boot up in system 9.1 and run it like that until NM produce a copy for system X which I might add was originally promised for 60 days after the release of X . This puts it at the end of this month (i'll beleive it when I see it)

Using OS X is the best workaround for the video-card-woes-problem discussed 81 times at this section. it seems to work so far. you might have problems printing on non-PS-printers.

it works best disabling all extensions but qd3d / qt under the classic-settings.

I have used VW 9 and it seems to basically work, although we haven't done anything rigorous. The real issue is that we are now well past 60 days after the release of OSX-- which is when a carbonized version of VW was promised Clearly something slipped. I talked to one of the Nemetschek guys at MacWorld and he was definitive about 60 days. Oh well. We wait in vain.

I just got off the phone about a related issue and they are now saying an additional 2 weeks for the maintenance release and quite a bit longer for the Carbonized version. I got the feeling that we are looking at more than a month. Maybe the 6 was upside down? 90 days not 60? plus a little normal slip time in development? I don't envy their software engineers...

Also along this thread, I have been using both 9 and 8.5 VWA with OS X. I find that it isn't as snappy, while running in classic, but definitely usable. I'd say that if all your apps are not carbonized stay in OS 9. You will save time in the end, with one exception.if you ar running VW in OS X Classic, and you are doing an operation like rendering that takes a while, you can call up a Carbon or Cocoa App like a web browser or AppleWorks and work away while VW grinds away in the background. I started doing my documentaion in Appleworks for that very reason.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...