Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

VectorScript for Dummies

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I've been trying to learn VectorScript but it's way over my head. I've been using the help file in VW2008 and I just cannot seem to come to grips with the language.

Is there a "VectorScript for Dummies" learning manual or something similar/user friendly for me to read through.

I'd really like to get into making my own tools in VW.

Thanks,

Guest Frank Brault

There is a topic here that you might find useful. FWIW, I think that the VectorScript User Guide that ships with our application is one of the best out there...

The other idea would be to join the Vectorscript Mail list. Subscribe from the NNA site under the Community: Mailing Lists.

You will get an average of 5 to 10 emails a day from some of the most active Scripters around. And usually very helpful if you ask questions as well.

It is similar to the tech board, but since it is email based, you sometimes get faster response as you don't have to wait for someone to decide to check the board.

I'm also searching for information on Vectorscripts.

I searched the Nemetschek site and found a pdf from vectorworks version 8.5 which

is written with worked examples and explains the basics of plug-ins and which type is used when.

Do a search for sol8intro.pdf, this is a custom solutions guide for vectorscripts 8.5.