Inventory Report

MattG

I typically do not use the Key to instruments tool and when I do I typically am doing something with a lot of maybe 4 different instruments. I am doing this little theatre show and they have a very interesting collection of 4 of these and 2 of these and so forth.

The problem I am running into is that they have 14 3 cell cyc units and when you are setting up your inventory it is based on the symbol. Now I have two different symbols for different orientations of the same unit so I have the same cyc unit as a floor unit and as a air unit. So I have a 7 and 7 count. Well I just want it to tell me how many of my 14 are left. I am using all 14 so it is not the best example, but it is happening with other instruments. I want to count how many lekos I have. I have 36 deg lekos that the symbol is drawn as under hung and another batch that is drawn as top hung. How can I make it know that for inventory purposes these are the same?

Is it also possible to have my cycs appear as one unit. They are showing up as a left center and right. I understand why it is happening, but I am trying to figure what the best course of action is to solve it.

Matt

Matt

Not much you can do about the cyc lights. Just manually count them. (although Sam Jones may have a solution for this... - AutoPlot for Spotlight http://www.autoplotvw.com/)

You don't have to use different symbols in 2008 for top and bottom hung. For the top hung you can set the 3D orientation to Y=180 and it will top hang. For inventory purposes it will treat them that same.

Or, if you do need the symbol to be different to ease electrician confusion, I think you could make your own report that counts them together...

Come to think of it, that might work for the cyc light problem, too.

hth

michaelk

Yeah I do that fairly often I will make a report using my Lighing Device record and do that because that takes its information out of the instrument type field if I so choose. The question is how to graphically represent that.

I also have a whole batch of "custom" symbols I prefer to use rather then using a hanging angle. I have made most of them before they offered that option and find it cleaner.

I am pretty sure I am just going to be manually making my Key/Legend and inserting the numbers off my report. Boo.