Wall line weights

BJS

I am having trouble with line weights in elevations. In drawing an addition I would like existing walls to be less prominent than new ones but in all views I create they look the same.

I have wall styles set up for existing and new with different weights and have also tried using class styles. I must be missing something, right?

First off please let us know what version of VW, 0S and hardware info you are working on in a signature.

When you say they all "look" the same are you referring to the display on a monitor or a printed version? I find it is difficult to discern most line weights on the monitor and I really need to view a printed sheet to get an accurate representation. Are these elevations in viewports? You can set the class line weights differently for the viewports from the design layers, try exaggerating the difference to make sure it is taking. I also have often gone into annotation mode in the VP and just drawn a unfilled heavier weight polygon around the geometry of elements I wish to stand out and that usually is a pretty quick trick as well. You may need to go to the edit mode and make invisible some segments of the polygon to get the look.