Rigging plot co-ordinates

Hello All,

I'm trying to create a motor symbol that would indicate its position via either record or legend manager. I've seen others have been able to create a worksheet using =xcenter and =ycenter, but have not been able to recreate this. Could someone explain the mechanics of this or failing that does anyone have a clever trick to accomplish the same result?

I know this has been discussed in the past on the posts but it seems as if those post have jumped over some elementary detail.

Thanks in advance

I would second or third the autoplot chainhoist tool.

I also have a batch of motor symbols that have a record associated with them and I have created a report that shows their x and y. It is a little low tech compared to sam's because it is not two way communicating. You can only see the position on the report not graphically on the drawing which is kinda cool. Also Sam's thing lets you have multiple origins if you want which is nice on exhibits and such.

All in all it is a great package deal.

See I have the situation of having 5 MD's. all partners and specialize in different fields....need to convince all why it is good to spend +/- R350 for something. Never fear as I belive it will happen as we do alot with CM Chain hoists and will be doing plenty for FIFA. They are very technical as to what they want.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be late to the party. Thanks for everyone's endorsement. Carl, if there are things that you guys want out of Chain Hoist Tools that you don't see, let me know. I have 15 pairs of Stagemakers in my facility that hold the electrics and masking in a pretty static configuration, so my needs are slight. Much of what the tools do was requested from various staging companies like AVW Freeman, Entertainment Lighting Services, and Staging Techniques. There is a generous fully functional tryout period, so try it out and let me know. That goes for anybody else out there. I'll send this to your e-mail address in case you check the boards as often as I do.

Sam

Samuel L. Jones

Developer of AutoPlotVW, AutoPlot Tools for SpotLight, and Chain Hoist Tools

sjones@arts.ucla.edu