default view set-up and adjustment

I'm just migrating to VW from Cinema4D so please bear with me.

In Cinema, my default view upon launching the application was a isometric view with perspective. Our line of work usually doesn't require much preliminary 2D drafting and dropping 3D primatives into the workspace is normally how we start things off.

My first question is: How do I make this my default, start-up view? Currently, the top view with no perspective is the default.

My second question is: When I switch the view to RIGHT ISO and the projection to PERSPECTIVE I now see a black framed window with "picture frame" corners. However, this picture frame is never large enough to see my entire model and when I enlarge it via. dragging it's corners it seems to make the view's perspective very extreme and harsh. Can I remove this picture frame altogether? Or at least have it much larger by default so as not to have to expand it each time?

I'm obviously having trouble with basic navigation in the 3D space. Any help?

Thanks.

Good day graz

To increace the size of the view in the perspective view.

Page>Active Layer Scale.

Play around to see which one works best for you. remember to select [All Layers] to apply to the whole drawing.

I'm not sure if you can set VW to startup in another view other than opening a saved defualt drawing instead of starting up vua the VWicon/shortcut.