Cabaret tables

Hello -

As an Event Producer, I am often drawing 3/4 round tables (cabaret style). In other words, a round table with only 8 chairs mainly facing towards the stage.

I would like to do this with the Table & Chairs parametric object, but it seems as if you have to have chairs all the way round the table.

I tried making the parametric object into a symbol and deleting the chairs I don't want, but it reverts to only 2d.

Any ideas anyone ?!

Many thanks,

Andrew

What you want is a hybrid symbol, just like you have a hybrid Plug-in Object (PIO). You will need to do the conversion twice to get what you want.

Select a table/chair PIO and create a symbol.

Go to Top/Plan and duplicate the PIO. Select one instance and convert to group. This will get you the 2D version. Edit the group (or ungroup it) and delete the unwanted chairs.

Now switch to Top (or any view other than Top/Plan) and select the other PIO and convert to group. This will get you the 3D part. Edit the group (or ungroup) and delete the unwanted chairs.

When you exit the symbol, the 2D and 3D parts will "fall through" to the correct part of the symbol. Edit 2D will get the 2D part and edit 3D will get the 3D part.