"draw beam" lines visible in Final Renderworks

bjw

OK, this is killing me a little bit. I've tried turning on and then off the beam representations, replacing the instruments, and nothing seems to work: in FastRW/Shadows and Final Quality RW I can still see the beam representations from some of my lights casting shadows on the architecture. Any advice? thanks

Are you seeing the shadow from the Draw Beam lines??

Just to be sure you know: There's a difference between Draw Beam and turning the Light On. Draw beam draws lines (probably Nurbs) and they do cast a shadow from the light.

Draw Beam is controlled from the OIP.

Light On is controlled from the Edit Light... dialogue box (Right click in instrument>Edit Light...)

Make sure all the Draw Beams are turned off, and whatever Lights you want are on...

Hope that's what you were asking....

michaelk

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did. I ended up deleting the lights and putting them back in, that seemed to do the trick. Wish I knew how to switch my experience from "Greenhorn", but I don't, even though I teach this stuff.

I think that basically the beams got "stuck" on in some way, it's a problem I've had before. Thought it might be shadows from the camera lines, but it was definitely my shutter layout. Very weird. Thanks Michaelk