I running 8.5.2 on a 1Ghz PIII/Win 2000 machine with 512Mb ram, and I just bought Acrobat 5.0. I've been trying to save various 2D Vectorworks drawings as .PDF files (using Acrobat Distiller) and it's taking FOREVER. The last one took an hour and 15 minutes. The Vectorworks file was TINY (191Kb), and the resulting .PDF file was also relatively small (271Kb), yet still it takes forever to save, tying up my system for an hour each time. I know it's not supposed to work this way. Some of our vendors send me .PDF files of their Vectorworks drawings and they're telling me it takes them about 30 seconds. They are using comparable hardware/software configurations. This is unacceptable, as you can imagine. Has anyone out there experienced this? Any suggestions? (I know -- buy a Mac... Unfortunately that's not an option)

Ummm... buy a mac. No, I'm sorry I couldn't resist. But seriously, we had the same problem with Acrobat Distiller 5 on our macs, and not just with VW. We left 4 on the machine when we upgraded and were able to compare. v4 would zip right through and v5 would bog down horribly on the same .ps file. I think it is a problem with acrobat v5. We just gave up and went back to v4.