Sign in to follow this  
alfresco

Import/PDF

I have been sent a PDF file with a landscape plan. What do I need to do in order to use this as a working copy for updates and to add additional information and design elements? Thanks.

I would like to create a veiwport for a part of the plan that was sent to me in a PDF. I would like to change the patio configuration, add structual components and add plant material. However, when I started to create a viewport I ended up changing the scale and the plan became distorted. I am doing something wrong. How do I create a design layer from a PDF file? Thanks

You can't create a design layer from a PDF. I'm still not quite sure what you want to do but if you have the PDF at the correct scale on a design layer you can trace over the PDF to recreate the contents. You can't edit a PDF in Vectorworks.

It would really help to know your version of Vectorworks and computer specs including OS. Click the My Stuff link at the top, My Profile and create a signature with that info.

why dont to bring the pdf into adobe illustrator and then convert it into a dwg if you want to edit it

Thank you very much. I created a design layer by tracing over the portion of the PDF that I was interested in and converted to an appropriate scale. I was able to complete the task at hand. I was trying to use the PDF directly. My Mistake. I will look in to the adobe illistrator as a future option. Thanks Ray and Monkey for all your time and help.