Banning users

Hi there,

I'm afraid we all know who got banned (again?). His offensive language was quite often in the way of the message he tried to convey. Still, after more than a decade seeing him come and go, I have gotten used to that and always tried to read between the lines.

I don't mean to say he was brilliant, but he wasn't stupid either and many of my VectorScript Plug-ins carry stuff he inspired the solution for.

Frankly, I will miss him.

Or as Apple said it in their advertising campaign

:

"Here?s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They?re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can?t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."

I pity the one who lodged a formal complaint against him.

Yours truly,

Gerard Jonker

This is the third (or fourth if you count the short-lived Reek Havok) that I have seen.

That character was named and created by him solely for the purpose of taking a shot at Jeffrey. It was only around for a few hours on the weekend, and was deleted just as he designed it to be.

I think he enjoys the whole banning process.

Register as a Texan. Good one!

He seems to have some special hatred for Texas, and had some choice things to say to one Texan on the 11th that may have had something to do with all this.

But those comments pale in comparison to some of things he's said to Gerard about Holland! I must say, sir, that I found your comments quite heart-warming.

It might take a year, but I look forward to his return.

This idea that the Moderator can just "cherry pick" the replies ... past, present, future... as he sees fit ... based on his brain chemistry for that moment... is chilling at best.

My posts are now being censored ... including my recent response to this important topic.

Predictably, all good things must come to an end... from now on all my posts will be generic by nature.

• 2 weeks later...