08 to 09 conversion

08 to 09 conversion seems a bit buggy. Here is my most recent trial. I converted a file from VW2008 to 2009. An object drawn in 08 (not an import) does not select properly in 09. No v08 selection errors in that object. Attached VW2009 file contains copy of that object (stylized Lomatium "beet" root). Selection tool cursor recognizes the object along entire path, but can select over only about half of it. Green circles indicate the fail points. I have tried a lots of things:

new conversion (no change)

delete points at/near the fail points

copy/paste object from 08 to 09 (pastes in as bitmap - is that expected?)

Split into several selectable segments then compose

decompose all/recompose all.

At best, these maneuvers relocate the fail points.

Any ideas?

Selection prefs shown in png.

-B

Hi Benson,

That is a weird one. It gets even weirder if you extrude the shape, because everything above the fail points appears extruded, and everything below disappears. but if you do an Open GL rendering visually the bottom comes back into view, but the selection highlighting only indicates the top part exists. if you double click to edit, you see the whole shape. I highly recommend sending it to bugsubmit.

As far as the one question I can answer, yes it is expected the copy paste from 08 to 09 would be a bitmap or fail all togther.

Wish I could have been more help

ion

Ray & Ion

Many thanks for looking and commenting.

My snap objects options are all enabled, too.

Extrude works fine, and renders in GL and FRW. The edit mode poly shows same bad attitude.

I am now finding other polys from that 2008 file with the same partial selection abilities. Maybe this is something from the 2008 file rather than the conversion.

Usually this stuff is pilot error, but I will send what I have as bug and see what happens.

Any other ideas will be appreciated.

-B