Window Tool - Shim Gap

In general, in a new document, during the creation of the very first window (or any other object), in the Create Window dialog, if you set all the parameters as desired any additional windows you create should retain those initial settings.

Additionally, you can open the Window Pref's and change these settings...

Additionally you can make one the way you like it, then duplicate and modify as needed.

HTH's

That's what we have already done; created templates with such things already customised. I'd just rather rule out any possibility of one of our drafters creating a new drawing without these templates, accidentally or not, and I feel changing the tool itself is a better precaution although I realise it'll be overwritten upon VW upgrade.

Is there a way to customise the "Create New Blank Drawing" option from the New Document dialog?

Thanking you

I don't know of any way to change the Blank from the dialog.

If you go into the Tools:Scripts:Vectorscript Plug-In Editor and scroll down to Window. Click the Parameters button. Scroll down to Shim Gap (line 34) and click edit. Change the line that says Imperial and change that to 0.

You probably will have to do this on every machine, or you MAY be able to move the Window.vso file from the Plug-ins folder on one machine to the others.

You may actually be able to move it to the user folder where it will not be overwritten when the next Service Pack comes out. Let us know what platform you are on and we can tell you the exact path. It is good to put it in your signature so it is linked to every post to make trouble shooting easier.

Highpass,

I believe if you take the template you would like to come up at startup and save it as a template named Default.sta and put it in the Templates folder of the User then that is what comes up at startup, and when you choose Blank document.

HTH,

Ion

Slight correction.

If you have a Default.sta file and have the preferences set to create a new document at VW launch, it uses the Default.sta.

If you click the New Blank Document button in the dialog, you get truly a blank document. Page size based on the current printer selection, scale 1:1, two classes, 1 design layer.

The New Blank Document was a requested feature in about VW10(?) before that if you had a default template but needed a blank file for something different, you had to make a lot of manual changes to get it back to blank.

The above was just tested in VW2009.